College Recruiting

Link to Guide for the:

 NCAA College Recruiting Information for College Bound Student Athletes - all the info you need!

I urge you to work with your Guidance Counselor to be sure you follow all the right steps toward a collegiate field hockey experience!


Initial-eligibility standards help ensure you are prepared to succeed in college. The eligibility process also protects the fairness and integrity of college sports by ensuring student-athletes are amateurs. If you want to practice, compete and receive an athletics scholarship during your first year at a Division I or II school, the NCAA Eligibility Center must certify you as eligible. International college-bound student-athletes planning to enroll at a Division III school must also receive an amateurism-only certification from the Eligibility Center. Throughout the process, Eligibility Center staff members partner with students and their families, as well as high school administrators and coaches, to guide you on your journey  



Are you unsure if you want to compete at a Division I, II or III school?  

Start by creating your Profile Page  - it's FREE & EASY!

It takes about a half hour to complete your Profile page and allows you an option to transition to a Certification Account and pay the registration fee to begin the certification process for Division I and II programs.  



NCAA Division I and II schools provide more than $3.7 billion in athletics scholarships annually to 190,000 student-athletes. Division III schools do not offer athletics scholarships.

Only about 2% of high school athletes are awarded athletics scholarships to compete in college.  A college education is the most rewarding benefit of your student athlete experience. Division I schools may provide tuition and fees, room and board, books and other expenses related to attendance at the school.

Division II full scholarships cover tuition and fees, room and board, and course related books and supplies.

Most student-athletes who receive athletics scholarships receive an amount covering a portion of these costs. Many student-athletes also benefit from academic scholarships, NCAA financial aid programs such as the NCAA Division I Student Assistance Fund and need-based aid such as federal Pell Grants.

You must report all financial aid you receive to your NCAA school’s financial aid office. If you have questions about what financial aid can be accepted, contact your NCAA school’s financial aid office and athletics department for help. Division I schools may provide you with multiyear scholarships.

Division II schools must provide you with a one-year scholarship. Additionally, Division I and II schools may provide funding for degree completion to finish your bachelor’s or master’s degree after your time playing NCAA sports ends.

NCAA rules require you to be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center to go on an official visit, receive a written offer of financial aid or sign a National Letter of Intent.

If a school plans to reduce or not renew your aid, the school must notify you in writing by July 1 before the start of the impacted school year and provide an opportunity for you to appeal. In most cases, the head coach decides who receives a scholarship, the scholarship amount and whether it will be renewed. Contact the NCAA school you hope to attend for more detailed information about NCAA financial aid rules.